In the News
- New York Times: New Priority Saving Feet of Diabetics
- U.S.Department of Veteran’s Affairs: Fend Off Foot Ulcers
- UCLA CHPR: Podiatric foot health screening could save millions of dollars by preventing diabetic amputations
- National Institute of Health: Diabetic Foot Syndrome
- Mortality following lower extremity amputation in minorities with diabetes mellitus
- Evaluating the prevalence and incidence of foot pathology in Mexican Americans and non-Hispanic whites from a diabetes disease management cohort
- Home Monitoring of Foot Skin Temperatures to Prevent Ulceration
- Preventing Diabetic Foot Ulcer Recurrence in High-Risk Patients
- High Levels of Foot Ulceration and Amputation Risk in a Multiracial Cohort of Diabetic Patients on Dialysis Therapy
- Preventing Amputations in Patients with Diabetes and Chronic kidney Disease
- Ankle Brachial Index as a Predictor of Coronary Artery Disease in Diabetic Patients
- Better adherence to diabetes medications means fewer hospitalizations and emergency department visits
- Harvard Medical School: Ankle-Brachial Index (attached)
- Pednekar S, Singh N, James E, Pandey D.: Ankle Brachial Index as a Predictor of Coronary Artery Disease in Diabetic Patients. IAIM, 2016; 3(4): 91-96.
- Diabetic Medicine: Vibration perception threshold testing in patients with diabetic neuropathy: ceiling effects and reliability
- National Institute of Health: Blood pressure control and diabetic retinopathy
- National Eye Institute – Diabetic Eye Disease
- Mayo Clinic – Diabetes and depression: Coping with the two conditions
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Diabetes, Heart Disease, and You
- The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases – Diabetic Kidney Disease
- The American Journal of Surgery – Lower extremity amputations in peripheral vascular disease
- National Institutes of Health – Diabetes and Hypertension: Is There a Common Metabolic Pathway?
- Harvard Medical School – Controlling blood sugar in diabetes: How low should you go?